Tacos and anything burrito related will ALWAYS be my favorite go-to-meal. But I like to put a spin on things. Mexican Stuffed Peppers are a combination that I dreamed up to make myself feel better about eating tacos! They are DELICIOUS and get this.. good for you! I love peppers in general, so this dish was basically made for me. I opted to use Green, but you can use any color pepper you desire! Red, Orange, Yellow, it all works the same!
The Rice Some Extra Peppers and Beans Stacked In!
Everything Placed Inside!
This meal is filling, satisfying, and chock full of taco flavor! You can put whatever you desire in mine, but here is what is in mine: black beans, a dollop of taco sauce [at bottom], brown rice, green pepper [yes in the pepper!], taco turkey meat, cheddar cheese, and salsa! After I finished stuffing my peppers I filled my oven safe Pyrex Dish with some extra rice, beans, peppers and cheese! After the oven, I let them cool and was left with these bad boys…
- One Green Pepper Per Person
- 1lb Ground Turkey per three Peppers
- Cheddar Cheese
- Brown Rice
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Taco Sauce
- Boil Water/Cook Rice as per box directions [I used boil in bag brown rice]
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut Tops off Peppers
- Cook Ground Turkey
- Add in Taco Seasoning, Cumin, Salt / Pepper [see Turkey Taco Recipe]
- Place taco sauce and beans in peppers
- Add in rice and meat once both are cooked
- Add more peppers, cheese, salsa.
- Place in oven safe dish for 35-40 minutes until pepper is wrinkling and cooked.
- One bag of brown rice was enough for both my peppers plus what you see in the dish!
Want to know a secret? I have seen people do STUFFED TOMATOES too! That is another variation of this recipe that you can opt for if you want! Or! If you like corn, add some corn in! Onions? Go for it!
Like this recipe? Pin it and share it!